are you kidding? That would be completely AWESOME. After DH’s call this week about handwriting on the walls, I started checking out how much it would cost us to go to Texas for a week to get the “lay of the land” (pun intended) if he lined up some job interviews.I think I can get us there and back for $300 in gas, plus another $300 for a week of lodging/meals. So we can’t do too many of those, but if he was able to schedule a LOT of job interviews the same week, then it would be worth it.
Hooking up with some homesteaders who likely will not think I am TOO BIG of a whackadoodle for wanting a place where we can be self-reliant, would be great.
Knowing it is not IF we are going to move it is WHEN has made it hard to decide what to do with $$. DR would say put it in a money market account, but it’s not going to grow there. I can take up to $10,000 out of a Roth for a 1 time house purchase, and so can DH, so combined we could put all our savings in Roths, and pull $20k out without penalty or taxes to pay for land or a house.